ColumnistCarrie Wilson is a 20-year CDFW veteran and an avid outdoor enthusiast, angler and hunter. She is a marine biologist with a strong background of professional experience working in both fisheries and wildlife management. An established award-winning outdoor writer, Carrie enjoys tackling the tough questions from the public and will be regularly tapping into the expertise of CDFW’s wildlife officers and many fisheries, wildlife and marine biologists to best cover all the topics.
If you have a question you would like to see answered in the California Outdoors Q and A column, email it to CalOutdoors@wildlife.ca.gov.
- Ethics of Shooting Birds on the Water or on the Ground?
- Dungeness Crabs - How Dead Is Too Dead?
- Finding Legal Target Shooting Areas
- Hunting coyotes at night with lights?
- Do long guns have to be transported in locked gun cases?
- Where's the Year-Round Trout Fishing?
- Bowfishing in the Surf?
- Can I fish for free to feed my family?
- Can Ducks See Color?
- Do we toss our dead fish back to stay legal?
Search Results for: feeding wildlife
Feeding Wildlife Can Do More Harm Than Good. Fishing from my apartment without a license? Catching lobsters on a baited hook? Gifting wild game to family members? Continue reading
Feeding Wildlife May Actually Hurt Them. Using trout for bait? How often to check hoop nets? Picking up antler sheds? Continue reading