ColumnistCarrie Wilson is a 20-year CDFW veteran and an avid outdoor enthusiast, angler and hunter. She is a marine biologist with a strong background of professional experience working in both fisheries and wildlife management. An established award-winning outdoor writer, Carrie enjoys tackling the tough questions from the public and will be regularly tapping into the expertise of CDFW’s wildlife officers and many fisheries, wildlife and marine biologists to best cover all the topics.
If you have a question you would like to see answered in the California Outdoors Q and A column, email it to CalOutdoors@wildlife.ca.gov.
- Aggressive Deer Gone Rogue in Local Park
- Finding Legal Target Shooting Areas
- When Fishing with Kids, What's Required?
- Why Not Wolves in California?
- Why Are Wild Pheasants on the Decline?
- Can I fish for free to feed my family?
- Dungeness Crabs - How Dead Is Too Dead?
- Carrying a gun while fishing
- When license is lost while fishing, can I keep the fish?
- Fishing the “Alabama Rig” in California?
Search Results for: feeding wildlife
Feeding Wildlife Can Do More Harm Than Good. Fishing from my apartment without a license? Catching lobsters on a baited hook? Gifting wild game to family members? Continue reading
Feeding Wildlife May Actually Hurt Them. Using trout for bait? How often to check hoop nets? Picking up antler sheds? Continue reading