ColumnistCarrie Wilson is a 20-year CDFW veteran and an avid outdoor enthusiast, angler and hunter. She is a marine biologist with a strong background of professional experience working in both fisheries and wildlife management. An established award-winning outdoor writer, Carrie enjoys tackling the tough questions from the public and will be regularly tapping into the expertise of CDFW’s wildlife officers and many fisheries, wildlife and marine biologists to best cover all the topics.
If you have a question you would like to see answered in the California Outdoors Q and A column, email it to CalOutdoors@wildlife.ca.gov.
- Dungeness Crabs - How Dead Is Too Dead?
- When Fishing with Kids, What's Required?
- Finding Legal Target Shooting Areas
- Beginning Bowfishing
- Carrying a gun while fishing
- Can I fish for free to feed my family?
- Poking Around for Monkeyface Eels
- Helicopter Fishing?
- Hunting coyotes at night with lights?
- Loaded Guns “On” Cars
Search Results for: feeding wildlife
Feeding Wildlife Can Do More Harm Than Good. Fishing from my apartment without a license? Catching lobsters on a baited hook? Gifting wild game to family members? Continue reading
Feeding Wildlife May Actually Hurt Them. Using trout for bait? How often to check hoop nets? Picking up antler sheds? Continue reading