ColumnistCarrie Wilson is a 20-year CDFW veteran and an avid outdoor enthusiast, angler and hunter. She is a marine biologist with a strong background of professional experience working in both fisheries and wildlife management. An established award-winning outdoor writer, Carrie enjoys tackling the tough questions from the public and will be regularly tapping into the expertise of CDFW’s wildlife officers and many fisheries, wildlife and marine biologists to best cover all the topics.
If you have a question you would like to see answered in the California Outdoors Q and A column, email it to CalOutdoors@wildlife.ca.gov.
- Deer Hunting From My Porch?
- Dungeness Crabs - How Dead Is Too Dead?
- Finding Legal Target Shooting Areas
- Carrying a gun while fishing
- Do long guns have to be transported in locked gun cases?
- Hunting in the Rut?
- Poking Around for Monkeyface Eels
- Fish Parasites – Will Cold Smoking Kill Them?
- Can I fish for free to feed my family?
- Spikes, Forks and Counting Points
Search Results for: feeding wildlife
Feeding Wildlife Can Do More Harm Than Good. Fishing from my apartment without a license? Catching lobsters on a baited hook? Gifting wild game to family members? Continue reading
Feeding Wildlife May Actually Hurt Them. Using trout for bait? How often to check hoop nets? Picking up antler sheds? Continue reading